Overview of the course program
- Multiple sequence alignment (MSA): patterns in MSA, MSA and phylogeny, generating and analysing MSA with Clustal.
- Characters: definition, examples, applications.
- Parsimony and Distances: introduction, distance matrix methods.
- Support measures in phylogenetics: maximum likelihood, Baysian analysis.
- Usage of PAUP: analysis of characters, parsimony, distances and likelihood.
- Trees from proteins: generation and analysis.
- Bringing things alltogether: summary and recommendations